Lechuza PON Planting Medium
- Product Description
- About the Manufacturer
- Shipping & Returns
The high-quality pure mineral plant substrate alternative to soil
LECHUZA-PON is the perfect alternative in places where conventional soil cannot or should not be used.
Two Sizes Available
- 2.7 Dry Gallons
- 5.7 Dry Gallons
- LECHUZA-PON is a perfect fit for all plants (even orchids and citrus plants).
- LECHUZA-PON consists of high-quality, mineral stones that are free from contamination and pollutants.
- LECHUZA-PON has an ideal air / water ratio for plants (45% water/55% air). It also reduces a plant's vulnerability to diseases. Even after years, this structurally-stable plant substrate does not condense and keeps its air-permeable structure. LECHUZA-PON can be used for years without needing to be replaced!
- When producing LECHUZA-PON, multiple sievings minimize the amount of fine particles in the substrate. This prevents an increase of silt in the root area and sustains long-lasting capillary action.
- The included zeolite maintains the ideal pH balance in your LECHUZA planter to allow for healthy plant growth. Macro- and micronutrients remain permanently available.
- LECHUZA-PON has continuous capillary action, drawing water up into the planter. Even undergrowth and small rooted plants get the perfect amount of water this way.
- The LECHUZA plant substrate provides a balanced distribution of nutrients to the roots of your plant. Through this supply, the plant builds a consistent, compact root dispersion and can grow into a robust plant that will stay with you for a long time.
- LECHUZA-PON is like a buffer that absorbs excess fertilizer and gives it back to the plant when needed. This natural nutrient storage prevents the burning of the roots through overfertilizing.
- LECHUZA-PON has an adjusted bulk weight. Your plant is firmly supported within the planter, which is important for larger plants. LECHUZA-PON ensures that your LECHUZA planter remains stable and is also perfectly suited for use outdoors.
- The substrate is a natural odor absorber for things like dead roots.
- Heavy metals and pollutants (e.g. from the water) are permanently linked.
- The purely mineral-based plant substrate blocks fungi that can attack the roots. Therefore, PON is suited for people who suffer from allergies. It can also prevent bugs such as gnats, since they typically only nest in soil.
- PON is free-flowing and can be used with a shovel to fill planters in place of dirt.
- When planting with LECHUZA-PON, you don't need to completely free the root ball from the soil.
- German washed pumice
- German, light Lava (permanently supplies your plant with iron)
- Fully-coated, premium-quality fertilizer.
- The coating is purely natural and breaks down without leaving any residue.
- The fertilizer supplies your plant with nutrients for up to 6 months.
- Fit for all plants, including foliage, flowering plants like orchids, citrus plants, herbs, tomatoes, fruit trees, cacti, and more.
About the Manufacturer
The product line LECHUZA, from geobra Brandstätter Stiftung & Co. KG, based in Zirndorf, Germany, has been on the market since 2000. LECHUZA inspires both professional interior landscapers and end consumers with cleverly designed solutions for planters and accessories.
The idea for the product was the result of a concept by the company's owner Horst Brandstätter. He was looking for stylish planters to use indoors and outdoors, with long-term irrigation for his private use. He was unable to find any planters like this on the market, so he assigned his team of developers to find an appropriate solution: LECHUZA was born.
Shipping and Returns
Orders ship via UPS or FedEx Ground and should arrive within 4-10 business days from the time the order is shipped. Larger shipments may need to be sent using LTL freight and will take an additional 1-2 weeks for delivery. During peak season, order processing times can increase by up to 1-2 weeks. Once a shipment has been sent out from one of the warehouses, customers will receive an email with a link to the tracking information.
Our products are shipped directly from our vendors and manufacturers, which means that we are sometimes unaware of recent stock adjustments that may cause a delay with certain products. We will alert you of any delays, if they occur, as we become aware of them.
Please check the product page of the item you wish to order to see what the estimated ship time will be. Each manufacturer/product is different and some may have longer ship times than others. The ship times listed are an approximation.
Orders ship for a $9.95 flat rate shipping fee. Orders totaling $49 or more ship for free unless otherwise specified. Additional freight charges may apply for larger items.
You can check the status of your order by logging into My Account and view your completed orders.
At this time, we only ship to the lower 48 United States.
Processing and Delivery
Please contact us ahead of placing your order if you have any concerns about processing or delivery time. As a dropship company we do not produce any of the goods on our site, rather we take orders and pass them along directly to the manufacturer who will ship your order. Most orders process and ship by Fedex within just a few days and take no more than about 9 business days to reach you, or less! However some of our items are made per order and can take up to 4 weeks to be ready to ship. We are not able to expedite orders, but we are always happy to chat with our customers and figure out the best options for their order. You can call us at 888-838-1095 or email us at email@example.com
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Your satisfaction is our top priority and we stand behind every product that we sell. If you're not satisfied with the quality of something you purchased from us, simply contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll be happy to resolve the situation.
We ask that you inspect packages upon arrival, even if you do not plan upon using the item that season. If there are damages upon your inspection, contact us (email@example.com) within seven days, so that we may swiftly resolve the problem.